Monday, August 9, 2010

Catch-22

Alex: Extreme people are exceedingly attractive. They're invariably more articulate, more cerebral, more intense... and then come the downsides.

Me: Are we talking about xXx now? hehehe

Alex: LOL I'm talking about ALL of us!

Me: HAHAHAHA

Alex: I know I am too, and so are you!

Me: I'm extreme? *gasps*

Alex: You are, in your own way.

Me: Hehe, yeah, in some ways. I prefer to call it "unconventional" :p

Alex: Euphemism. It's not a bad thing; we just need to learn how to live with it. For example, I know I won't be able to strike up meaningful conversations with "normal" people, so I don't beat myself up if I can't get into a deep chat with one.

Me: Hehehe, good example!
 
 
*     *     *     *     *     *

 
Actually I substitute "extreme" for "weird": I've always felt an affinity with unusual people because they're loads more interesting than "normal" people. They go against the flow, don't want to fit in with the crowd, have unorthodox methods and original ideas... the problem is that what makes them so interesting also makes them, well, eccentric, for lack of a better word, and therefore often very difficult to relate to or connect with.

No comments: