Monday, February 10, 2014

Routed: game, set and match


I bought this book for my dad at the Big Bad Wolf sale because the subtitle says, "How your mind can grow stronger as your brain grows older," and my dad is always joking about doing sudoku puzzles to ward off Alzheimer's. Have to keep the ol' brain agile, you see. Not that he's all that old, but he's also always been interested in how we use our brains, how to improve memory, and that kinda thing, so I thought he might be interested in what the author had to say.

Well, I gave it to him at CNY, and to my horror he kept telling everyone, "My daughter thinks I'm not wise enough, so she gave me this book." I kept falling over myself trying to explain, for fear someone might take him seriously. My dad has a warped sense of humour! I don't know how I never noticed this before.

And he still has the capacity to thoroughly embarrass his daughter of thirty-five years. Well played, dad, well played.

No comments: