Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sniffing about on Twitter

Over at @The_Millions on Twitter, doggie book puns are abounding. I am horrible at puns (as you can see by the post title), and not particularly fond of dogs, but I know some of you are dog lovers, and these are too good not to share:

@The_Millions: Hey, did you read that new book about dachshunds? ...It's a long story.

@kasmsod: Yeah, but I felt the plot kind of slumped in the middle though.

@HelenMcClory: I read that one on Dalmatians. It was spotty, at best.

@briantedjones: I didn't care for the one about poodles. Mostly fluff.

@shitdaysuckcity: The one on Rhodesian Ridgebacks was spine tingling.

@JoeySavitz: I raced through the one about Greyhounds. Quick read though, to be fair.

@zackauthor: Read a good one about retrievers recently...quite fetching, but also a tad repetitive.

@FridaAbsinthe: The wolfhounds one was never finished, of course, but the idea really had legs

@tidytacos: I dug the one about terriers.

@filt: The one about huskies didn't sit well with me. The one on lap dogs did, though.

@caleb_crain & @peterterzian: I love the one about pugs. There's a really good twist at the end.

@TheKateDebate: What about the one about American Eskimo? It had its moments but it left me cold

@FFnE_Design: read the one about Boxers, knocked me out!

@sevenbil: I expected the one on guard dogs to hold me captive, but it just bites.

@Weintrouble17: I like the one about the dachshund but the main character was such a weiner.

@poetryforsupper: The one about the setter was just my type.

@mackgelber: That one about the rabid dingo had me foaming at the mouth.

@antonio_lanza: No bones about it, I liked the one about the pug but the story had too many wrinkles.

@baynardwoods: the one about mutts was a mixed bag.

@FoxInWolfs: I loved the one about Grey Hounds - just felt like it went by too fast...

@geriellen: the pit bull story had a real bite.

@LiamSeanORourke: I found the research on the latest book about Dalmatians to be rather spotty.

@LiamSeanORourke: I always read the one about the French bulldog when I'm in the mood for a short tale.

@StevenGripp: The one about Great Danes was a real heavy read.

@StevenGripp: but the one about St. Bernards saved my life

@filt: I was apprehensive to the pitbull one but it turned out to have a certain bite to it.

@JoeySavitz: I found the one about St. Bernards intoxicating!

@dashdidntdoit: The one about the German Shepherds wasn't something I would sink my teeth into

@Jen_Hand: I found the Saint Bernard's tale beatific...

@heyjcjc:That bit about retrievers kept me coming back, again and again.

@twochiwawa: Chinese Crested's autobiography sniffed out the naked truth.

@buddydean: Did you read the one about the French Bulldog? There were too many fart jokes.

@SteveHimmer: I tried the one about Lundehunds, but it was a puffin piece.

2 comments:

BP said...

Amazing. Mining all that from all those Twitter feeds. What's your secret?

Sunflower said...

It started with The Millions' first tweet, and all of them replied to it with "@The_Millions"... so they werent exactly hard to find. Especially since The Millions had retweeted about two-thirds of them :p (after I posted, the rest also got retweeted)