Sunday, August 20, 2017

Making a comeback?

I found this blog today and it made me want to blog again. I'm not sure if I miss blogging, but it was a great way to document what was going on in my life -- I've never been a diary sort of person -- and there are things worth remembering, even though they seem minor. We forget too easily, I think. I miss writing freely about my experiences and thoughts and fears and joys.

She writes about her life like I used to, and with a dash of dry humour. After all that happened years ago, I haven't felt like writing publicly about personal stuff. I'm terrified of being criticised and of people being unkind. In all the years I blogged, I think only two or three commenters were ever unkind, but my family was displeased, and that's why I stopped. I stopped even though I had switched to using a pseudonym and my family didn't know about my new blog. I just... lost my voice.

Sometimes I also feel like I no longer have a great deal to talk about. I've written about the topics I care about and have not much to add, and I can't write about work, since I don't want to talk about my students. Plus, in contrast to those younger days, I don't think it's a good idea to rant or vent in a public forum. Not sure what that leaves me with, lol.

Anyway, it's 10:30pm and I'm tired; I'll post this and see if I continue some other time this week.

No comments: